Darts is a rapidly growing sport that has been played for centuries.
Professional dart tournaments attract huge television audiences, and the game of darts has even been featured in films and TV shows.
In this article, we will explore some of the statistics about darts.
Key Darts Statistics
- A carpenter from Lancashire, Brian Gamlin, invented modern-day darts in 1896.
- There are 17 million dart players in the US but no Americans currently among the top 183 players in PDC s World Rankings.
- In Japan, just 1,600 dart professionals exist, and only 350 of them identify as women.
- The longest darts game ever is 58 hours and 48 minutes, 18 seconds, achieved by Kevin Bryan and James Hoult, from July 3 until July 5, 2019.
- Ricky Evans is known as the fastest darts player ever.
- Ricky Evans throwing speed is 2.16 seconds.
- There are more than 28 darts games. See the full list of dart games.
- Malcolm Woolaston, the longest distance to throw a bullseye in darts, stood at 5m (16ft 4inch) in Bournemouth, UK, on 12 January 2011.
- The farthest distance in darts to throw a bull’s-eye is 7.001m (23ft), and was achieved by player Paul Webber (New Zealand) in Auckland, on 17 July 2021.
Who has Won the Most darts?
Phil Taylor (UK) has won the most darts World Championships with a total of 16 titles.
- Won 2 with World Darts Organization (WDO) in 1990 & 1992
- Won 14 with the Professional Darts Corporation (PDC) in 1995–2002, 2004–2006, 2009–2010 and 2013.
Phil, nicknamed “The Power”, surpassed Eric Bristow’s tally of five by whitewashing Dennis Priestley 6-0 in the 1998 PDC final.
He then won a further 10 world titles, including three more final whitewashes. As of 2017, no other darts player has won more than six world titles. [Source]
Who Has the Most 180 in Darts?
See the full ranking here.
Who has the Most 9 Dart Finishes?
Phil Taylor has accomplished this feat more than any other darts player on television, having done so 11 times.
The first one took place on 1 August 2002 during a quarterfinal match versus Chris Mason, at the 2002 PDC World Matchplay in Blackpool. [Source]
What’s the Highest Average in Darts?
Michael van Gerwen holds the record for a televised average at 123.40 points more than Michael Smith in the 2016 Premier League on Night 4 Aberdeen. [Source]
How Much do Dart Players Get Paid?
Let us look at how much prize money has been awarded over the years in dart competitions.
The PDC World Championship prize money on offer in 2021 was 2.5million British pounds.
With this, among 64 positions, there will be a minimum of 7,500 euro for qualifying. [Source]
Who is the Richest Dart Player?
See the full ranking here.
Darts is a game that has a rich history and offers players many opportunities to test their skills.
By understanding the basics of darts statistics, players can improve their game and compete more effectively against their opponents.
Whether you are a beginner or an experienced player, using statistics to improve your game can only make you a better darts player.
So get out there and start practicing!